I love living in Ashburn because in an hour, I’m in DC or in the country. I also love the four seasons, the freshness of spring, warmth of summer, colors of fall, and snow in the winter. But during this time of year, the weather tends to flip flop from spring to winter which really tricks me out. I’m definitely ready for spring, it hasn’t been as bad of a winter as last year but on Friday it was 70 degrees and today it was 50… Like going from filet to eye round, just not right. So in anticipation of spring, here’s a recipe for a yummy frozen drink. It’s pretty healthy too.. There’s a first for everything, including a healthy recipe on my blog 🙂
Frozen Strawberry Goodness (makes about two drinks)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries or any other frozen fruit you desire (you can buy it from the freezer section or do like me and buy it in bulk when it’s on sale and stick it in the fridge)
- 1/4 cup sugar (really this should be to taste, depending on how sweet your strawberries are)
- Sparkling water (I had some deerpark flavored sparkling water from Costco, feel free to sub water, juice, soda or liquor which would really make this a daiquiri but that’s good too)
- Place strawberries, sugar, and a splash of sparkling water in the blender
- Whir it until pureed, add more sugar if necessary
- Pour into glasses and top off with more sparkling water
That’s it folks, three ingredients and three steps to a fresh, fast, and yummy beverage. Since the strawberries are frozen you don’t need to add ice and suck down ice chunks. Here’s to spring! Please come faster.
Just looking at the color of this drink makes me happy. I’d love one now!
it’s so easy to make, hope you like it
Pretty in pink! You’re making it hard to face winter. 😉
LOL as if you had it very bad in sunny CA!!
Pingback: Pink Renewal Important Article | Camping Supplies